Voltage from VR sensor ?

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Patriq

Voltage from VR sensor ?

Post by Patriq »

My system suddenly lost spark on a test spin. I had to push the car back to the garage, where it has been since.

Now, I've tried to find out why spark is gone. I've checked 12V source, ground, signal through all cables etc. I've bought a replacement EDIS unit. All without success.
Configurator runs, and TPS signal is intact.
I did test the system before final connection and first test crank to confirm that everything was ok with a simulated VR signal, running on an mp3 player. That made the coil tick, plugs spark and showed rpm on the configurator.
I also confirmed ca 0.25 V from the two leads coming from the VR sensor when crank trigger wheel was spinning.

I suspected no/bad VR signal now when the system suddenly gave up. I there for once again confirmed voltage from the sensor (0.25 V), and that signal over the cable was intact from the sensor to the EDIS unit. That's when I tried with a new EDIS unit.
Now, I have tried to feed the system the same signal from the mp3 as initially. But this time not from an mp3 player but my iPhone.

To my question: I measure 0.135 V over the leads from the iPhone. I remember that I had to crank up the volume on the mp3 player to make the system tick. Could 0.135 V be to little? I need to know in order to rule out some possible errors.
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand now !

eds911915

voltage from vr sensor

Post by eds911915 »

mine does the same thing my vr sensor voltage measures .89 ac while cranking and im not getting any spark i shoud be getting 2.5 while cranking. cant figure it out.