Testing EDIS Module

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

boldy205

Testing EDIS Module

Post by boldy205 »

Morning! I had a look through but couldnt find the answer. Is there a way of testing the EDIS 4 unit with a multimeter, oh and also the coilpack please?
Many thanks!
Matt
Peugeot 205 GTi in miami Blue, started life as a Std 1.9, now track day preped and fitted with 306 GTi6 engine, Twin 45s and MJLJ. Ba da da da da, IM LOVIN IT!!!!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

You can check voltages and signals of the EDIS module when powered up on the motor.

See the verification steps here:
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_ve ... tion_Steps

For testing the coil, the primaries should measure about 0.6 ohms, secondaries should measure about 15K ohms.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

boldy205

EDIS testing

Post by boldy205 »

Thanks Brent, i presume the tests for the coil are between coil live (feed) and battery/body ground for primaries. Do you measure the secondaries between the coil H/T output and battery ground?

Thanks for the info.

Matt
Peugeot 205 GTi in miami Blue, started life as a Std 1.9, now track day preped and fitted with 306 GTi6 engine, Twin 45s and MJLJ. Ba da da da da, IM LOVIN IT!!!!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

On a 4 post coil you would test the primary windings between the center pin and one of the outer pins (there are two coils inside this coil pack). Channel A is left side <-> middle ; channel B is right side <-> middle.

For testing the secondary windings you would probe between the two posts on the left (with the connector facing you) for channel A, and the two posts on the right for channel B.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

spandit

Post by spandit »

Does the 4-post coilpack fire two "posts" at each spark (i.e. can you interchange the ignition leads to help diagnose problems?)

toenee

Post by toenee »

As above there are 2 coils that fire alternately, each coil has 2 leads. So everytime a coil fires, 2 plugs spark.

spandit

Post by spandit »

Thanks again... :)

toenee

Post by toenee »

No worries bud, think we've all been there.

boldy205

Post by boldy205 »

Right, thanks for the replies, i have ran the tests, all components seam fine, but upon cranking i saw a blue flash, dug the wires out and found a power and tacho wire shorting on the underside of the battery tray! Wooo hooo!, gotta be it! Spent this evening digging out all wires, double checking and repairing the loom!

Hopefully its sorted by the weekend!

Thanks again