When your sensor is off slightly

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Power Wagon

When your sensor is off slightly

Post by Power Wagon »

When I got it all together, somehow I built in a 4 degree error into my system, so that I'm 4 degrees off. I have adjustability, but fully adjusted, I'm 4 off. Anyway, I thought you could adjust the the system in the controller configuration setup where you can adjust + or - up to 5 degrees, but it seems to do nothing. If you set it, upload, and write.... It doesn't change the timing, and when you pull up the dialog again, it says "0" offset.

Any ideas how to "fix" this, or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Power Wagon

Post by Power Wagon »

hello??? Is anyone out there?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Apologies for the late reply!

The Global Configuration options (which includes the trigger wheel offset) are read / written separately from the main ignition map & configuration.

First, ensure the megajolt is powered up and you can communicate with it. Leave your engine to 'on' but not running.

You want to go into the Global Controller Options and then click "Read Options".

Make the adjustment you want and then click "Write Options" on that dialog.
You can verify the Global options were written by clicking "Read Options" on that dialog.

After setting the option you can power cycle the Megajolt to make sure the settings are persistent, and verify the trigger wheel is aligned correctly with the engine running.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter