EDIS6 on BMW

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

kucza

EDIS6 on BMW

Post by kucza »

Hi guys.
My short story and problems with EDIS6 in straight six BMW engine (its a M106B34). Coil is connected with edis according to "EDIS6 Coil pack and spark wire/cylinder assignment" topic. EDIS sparks the plugs but the engine doesn't start. Its sometimes kick, but it looks like wrong fire order (backfiring) or so. PIP signal is generated - good RPMs reading. I have checked VR signal on oscilloscope, it looks ok too.

Can anybody verify my trigger wheel installation? Is the missing tooth alignment ok? On the photo you can see first cylinder at TDC.
Attachments
Trigger wheel
Trigger wheel
edis6 bmw.jpg (168.22 KiB) Viewed 6780 times
edis6 connect.png
edis6 connect.png (33.75 KiB) Viewed 6779 times

pavel5

Post by pavel5 »

kucza: two things come to mind...

firstly, is your CPS aligned properly with the teeth on your trigger wheel. In the photo, it looks like the sensor could be moved outward to get better coverage. When I made my own wheel, I found that the strongest sensor pulses came with a specific alignment.

Second, are you absolutely sure you connected the wires correctly from the coilpack to the Ford ECU? Perhaps recheck. I made a mistake because I made an "assumption".

All the best

Rick122s

Post by Rick122s »

Make sure your EDIS module is getting 12v while cranking as well as ignition. If it cuts out while cranking it won't start.

Dave999

Post by Dave999 »

sounds like your coil to plug wires are the wrong way round

no idea on fireing order for your 6

with no.1 at TDC. wire to coil tower 1

the one on its TDC for exhaust on the other tower

repeat for 2 and 3

Dave