Baja Powered By MJLJ

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

bartman360

Baja Powered By MJLJ

Post by bartman360 »

Another one, this one has a fresh install and just starting to play with the maps. Check my "Lap Top".
Attachments
25%.jpg
25%.jpg (90.26 KiB) Viewed 16659 times
30%.jpg
30%.jpg (112.57 KiB) Viewed 16659 times
IMG_20110419_131156 40%.jpg
IMG_20110419_131156 40%.jpg (147.94 KiB) Viewed 16660 times

Spockie-Tech

Post by Spockie-Tech »

Umm, OK.. :)

I just had a look at your Chevette pics, and thought.. "hmm, better to say nothing if you havent much nice to say.." ;) But then I saw these and thought "ah what the hell"..

The Whitewall tyres, aftermarket supercharged V6 and the scruffy look of the Chevette didnt blow me away, but the BAJA bug looks a lot cooler.. but the "laptop" on the front seat was just begging for a comment..

Congratualtions, you're a sick man.. :)

spandit

Post by spandit »

I'm guessing logging data whilst you're driving along won't be too easy... unless you've got a REALLY long extension cord! :D

bartman360

datalogging

Post by bartman360 »

its easy, I just go in circles! Actually I have a 5K watt inverter mounted under the passenger seat. You should see what I bring along for a cooler!

bartman360

Post by bartman360 »

Spockie-Tech wrote:Umm, OK.. :)

I just had a look at your Chevette pics, and thought.. "hmm, better to say nothing if you havent much nice to say.." ;) But then I saw these and thought "ah what the hell"..

The Whitewall tyres, aftermarket supercharged V6 and the scruffy look of the Chevette didnt blow me away, but the BAJA bug looks a lot cooler.. but the "laptop" on the front seat was just begging for a comment..

Congratualtions, you're a sick man.. :)
Are you kidding me! Thats the beauty of it. Its a total POS cosmetically and mechanically strong. Can you imagine sitting in your 35K Mustang GT and this POS Chevette pulls up along side of you and is still there down the road. I am sure I am going to have to put some decent tires on it, but not until these are bald first! I can drive any car I want, I have owned Panteras and Ferraris, but this kind of stuff is alot more fun.

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Love the baja, have always wanted to do one. I really like the Chevette too. Sleepers are great, but that one will really drop some jaws.....

I had a totally stock-looking G60 Corrado, but underneath it was modded to the hilt. I used to spank Mustangs and Camaros and Vettes all day long!

Keep up the good work, Bartman!

bartman360

Corrado

Post by bartman360 »

DannyP, I have a G60 for sale. Want another one? Bahnbrenner stage 4, new supercharger, 2950.00

I love my baja, I have big plans for the suspension. I basically want Trophy Truck like suspension. Right now I am upgrading the powerplant since I have got the MegaJolt working. It is a 1915 with nice heads, crank, pistons etc............. with a T-3 turbo. I am guessing between 170-200 hp. The car weighs 1700lbs. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

The Chevette is all about making fun of yourself. All my neighbors think I am nuts. Most of my cars are cosmetically challenged. I want the Chevette to be as dorky looking as possible, but just get it.

Last year I built a stupid little Honda CRX with a turbocharged SOHC 1.6 vtec. I tuned it with Hondata and ran a t-3/t-4 hybrid turbo and pumped 17lbs through it, all stock besides head studs and Cometic head gasket. I spanked 2 different M3 BMW's on the freeway, NO contest. I was shocked, I knew the car was fast but not that fast. It is still running today and it has stock steel wheels and again very cosmetically challenged, ok ugly. To me that is the fun of it.
Attachments
turbo.jpg
turbo.jpg (137.72 KiB) Viewed 16577 times
baja frt.jpg
baja frt.jpg (122.59 KiB) Viewed 16577 times
side.jpg
side.jpg (118.73 KiB) Viewed 16577 times

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Thanks, but no thanks on the G60. I have a Passat 4motion, a 550 Spyder, and a '72 911 project. Only two cars fit in the garage, so no more room at the inn. But it is tempting.........

bartman360

spyder

Post by bartman360 »

does the Spyder have a Raby engine in it? I think I read about it here somewhere. He suposedly builds some nice stuff. Beautiful car.
I should have the turbo engime running in the next couple days. Just finished the exhaust system and fabricated a throttle cable system to work with the transverse mounted 4 barrell. Just a couple more hurdles and im drivung

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Yes, a type1 from back in 2002. I have over 20,000 miles on it, going very strong still. No signs of less power yet, but I do realize a top end refresh is in order by 30,000, as it dyno-ed at almost 180 hp. Jake built me a really nice motor. The Megajolt really helped a lot with more power, better drivability and torque. I cranked the advance and am on my 20th revision of my original map, which was centrifugal(009) only copy. I logged the advance every 500 rpm, copied that, and developed from there. I use a TPS on one of my Webers.

A lot of people ask me if it's injected, as it runs so well.

Good luck with the turbo, that sounds like loads of fun, keep us posted!