Looking for basic gauge controls for Compact.Net

General discussion on Autosport Labs, the mission, website, content, etc.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Alexander_Monday

Looking for basic gauge controls for Compact.Net

Post by Alexander_Monday »

I am contemplating building a MJLJ application for Pocket PC 2003 using Visual Studio 2005 and Compact.Net v2.0.
Does anyone know where I can get some basic gauge display controls that are freeware? I have seen some
commercial ones offered, however I don't intend to pay big bucks for them for a hobby / spare time project.
The only thing I can see that VS2005 has for C.N v2.0 that looks and functions similar to a gauge is the trackbar
control, but I would like an analog round gauge.
There are 10 types of people.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

luke6040

Post by luke6040 »

could the megajolt dials not be modified to suit?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Your best luck might be to take another 'gauge' written in a different technology and port it to to the .NET framework. Custom controls are built in very similar ways across technology frameworks, using drawing primitives, brushes and pens, etc.

For example, if you find free source for a Java control you should be able to port it to .NET with some reasonable amount of effort.

Just a thought!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Alexander_Monday

Post by Alexander_Monday »

Yes, modifying a control from another language is an option. If I find the free time I might even make one from scratch, however I was hoping somewhere there is a freebe that I could get to save the time and trouble.
There are 10 types of people.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ggzilla

Post by ggzilla »

Yes, anyone have ideas on how to do this? I tried to make a gauge but don't really know what I'm doing. I figured out how to get the RPM signal, but not how to display a round gauge style.

I have a nice lightweight older Pocket PC that is powered by USB, about the same size as my tachometer spot in the dash. It would make a cool gauge bolted behind there. And with touchscreen, a tap could change modes: circular, digital, bar graph, etc.

luke6040

Post by luke6040 »

have you got the code for what u have so far, maybe a few of us could put together to help out!?