Thunder Races

General discussion on Autosport Labs, the mission, website, content, etc.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Thunder Races

Post by brentp »

I just discovered a cool UK show called "Thunder Races" - watching it right now. Looks like a Racing-themed Junkyard Wars crossed with the 24 hours of LeMons we do here in the States. So Is it a popular show over there?

On a related topic, we're finally getting un-sanitized / un-editied Top Gear episodes over here! Life is indeed good. Loved the Vietnamese special !
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

dave9469

Post by dave9469 »

Have you had the top gear USA special broadcasted yet, what do you think to the British humor in it?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Which one? where they go to the deep south or the salt flats in Utah? Both were excellent, but I got far more laughs out of the first one!

I am a *HUGE* TG fan. It's seriously one of the best shows on TV anywhere, anytime. The production values are incredible and I love the chemistry between Clarkston, Hammond and May The Bugatti episode was also one of my favorite challenges, Actually I have trouble picking my favorite- the Africa challenge was a classic as well... and the episode where they try finding the perfect driving road in Italy and Switzerland.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

I think its very clever what they do, the one in korea on little motorbikes was another classic, couldn't stop wetting myself :lol:

I would so love to do something like that!!! Anyone heard of street safari, try googling it. Basically £100 banger, can spend a further £50, then travel to somewhere in europe. Sounds like a right crack and v. messy
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

dave9469

Post by dave9469 »

Just incase people have missed this, top gear returns in the UK for a new series next Sunday (21st June)

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Can't wait for that to start, haven't seen any adverts for it on tv mind??
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

mr_bridger

Post by mr_bridger »

WOW... Hi Brent / Guys...

Not been on here for AGES!! (had a spine operation.... :( better now tho)

Just wondered if you had seen the thunder races with the guys who put a V8 in a Nissan Micra!!! hes a freind of mini... put a V8 in a mini too LOL www.v8mini.co.uk

Anyway, our minis still going strong on the MJLJ v3..... Soo easy to tune!

Looking forward to MJ2

Ross.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ross! Nice to have you back. Glad to hear you're recovering from your operation.

Haven't been able to follow thunder races.. but was watching TopGear all season. The South American Special was phenomenal!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

cng1

Post by cng1 »

mr_bridger wrote:
Just wondered if you had seen the thunder races with the guys who put a V8 in a Nissan Micra!!! hes a freind of mini... put a V8 in a mini too LOL www.v8mini.co.uk
That's Spag, lovely chap (and a customer of ours), just don't necessarily view what he has done to his cars as a model of "best practice" :)
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

mr_bridger

Post by mr_bridger »

Yep, and his missus wasnt keen him keeping putting V8 bits in the dishwasher LOL

I particularly like the gearbox machining.... which seemed to entail trying a rope around a gearbox and dragging it up and down the garden path!! LOL

Havent seen Ian for a while now... last thing i heard was he was Modding a MR2 or something...

Found the link.... http://www.spagweb.com/magicspanner/v8_micra/index.htm

Ross.

mr_bridger

Post by mr_bridger »

Actually, is that you Chris? your on minilist still arent you? (probably got it all wrong LOL)

cng1

Post by cng1 »

Yep, I'm still on minilist although I rarely get chance to contribute these days.

Chris
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

james786

Post by james786 »

I had seen some shows of USA Top Gear. Those are nice and very interesting. UK “Thunder Races” is also cool to watch.