Robin Hood Zetec conversion

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

FazerBob

Robin Hood Zetec conversion

Post by FazerBob »

These pics are of my Robin Hood 2B shortly after carrying out the conversion to 1.8 Zetec. I am running 4 x bike carbs, on a home made manifold, and ignition by Megajolt.
I am running the Map option, with a threaded take off into each inlet tract, with four individual pipes into the balance plenum (which is in fact an old piece of exhaust pipe, polished to a good shine)
Attachments
Zetec installed.jpg
Zetec installed.jpg (203.13 KiB) Viewed 33076 times
My Toy.jpg
My Toy.jpg (204.46 KiB) Viewed 33078 times
Plenum.jpg
Plenum.jpg (166.13 KiB) Viewed 33078 times

MKnight702

Zetec Install

Post by MKnight702 »

That's a very nice looking installation, I'm very jelous of the vacuum plenum, mine is currently cobbled together from plumbing supplies from Homebase! :oops:

One thing I did notice is the gause over the carb mouths, whilst this will keep out the larger debris it won't keep out the smaller stuff and it does really horrible things to the airflow capability according to Vizard. If you replace that with a good air filter I bet you will immediately notice a big difference.

paulc

Post by paulc »

that thing is BAD-ASS :shock:

tekno

Post by tekno »

where do you get the vacuum feed for the brake servo?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

My jaw hit the floor when I saw that. Amazing! Where do you have the Megajolt installed?

If you ever want to sell, I'd be interested in importing it to the states. :D
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

FazerBob

Zetec conversion

Post by FazerBob »

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the kind comments on my Zetec conversion, I must admit I'm very pleased with the results. I will post a couple of new pics over the weekend, showing the new air filters, and the MJ location.

FazerBob

Zetec conv.

Post by FazerBob »

As promised a few new pics - proper air filters now fitted to carbs. MJLJ comfortably located on cabin side of bulkhead, and mounted on the same fixings as the coil pack
Attachments
Filters.jpg
Filters.jpg (127 KiB) Viewed 32534 times

FazerBob

Post by FazerBob »

pic 2
Attachments
MJLJ location.jpg
MJLJ location.jpg (119.12 KiB) Viewed 32532 times

FazerBob

Post by FazerBob »

pic 3
Attachments
Finished manifold.jpg
Finished manifold.jpg (115.52 KiB) Viewed 32527 times

gat.tuning

Post by gat.tuning »

Looks just like the one my m8 had earlier this year however his was a 2.0 pinto on 40's but the colouring was the same rather nippy they are too.

just wondering if you had a map up and running you were happy enough to share as i'm about to fit a 1.8 zvh due to being the same bottom end i figure it would not be to far away.

FazerBob

Post by FazerBob »

no problem, here's my map attached.
Attachments
map 1.mjlj
(725 Bytes) Downloaded 976 times

cng1

Post by cng1 »

If you want a map for a ZVH then your best bet is a CVH map and not a Zetec map. The thing that makes all the difference to ignition timing is in the head and the block makes no difference at all.

Personally I have difficulty understanding why anyone bothers with a ZVH as it's taking the worst bits from two engines and bolting them together. The CVH actually has a reasonably OK bottom end but the head is dire, meanwhile the Zetec has a very good head whilst the bottom end is good too but comparatively not as good as the zetec head.

The plus points of a ZVH are that you can keep your existing exhaust but that's about it as you still have to make up new engine mounts for the zetec bottom end and your induction system is going to need tweaking anyway to suit. Far better in my mind to plonk an entire zetec in there to get you the larger capacity, 16 valves, twin cams, an big wodge of extra power and better fuel economy to boot. Oh and a complete zetec engine that will give 150bhp just as it comes costs just £200 for a goodun or £650 for a brand new crate engine.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

FazerBob

Post by FazerBob »

can't argue with that - makes a lot of sense. My 1.8 Zetec will be coming out in the next couple of weeks, to be replaced by a new 2.0. It's been fun having the zetec in the kit car, and it easily kept up with the 2.0 pinto's of my friends. all in all a relatively cheap upgrade without a lot of drama.

gat.tuning

Post by gat.tuning »

cng1 wrote:If you want a map for a ZVH then your best bet is a CVH map and not a Zetec map. The thing that makes all the difference to ignition timing is in the head and the block makes no difference at all.

Personally I have difficulty understanding why anyone bothers with a ZVH as it's taking the worst bits from two engines and bolting them together. The CVH actually has a reasonably OK bottom end but the head is dire, meanwhile the Zetec has a very good head whilst the bottom end is good too but comparatively not as good as the zetec head.

The plus points of a ZVH are that you can keep your existing exhaust but that's about it as you still have to make up new engine mounts for the zetec bottom end and your induction system is going to need tweaking anyway to suit. Far better in my mind to plonk an entire zetec in there to get you the larger capacity, 16 valves, twin cams, an big wodge of extra power and better fuel economy to boot. Oh and a complete zetec engine that will give 150bhp just as it comes costs just £200 for a goodun or £650 for a brand new crate engine.
I get what your saying, but without hijacking this thread i'm already doing a 2.0 zetec for somone else and want to cover more than one engine with the megajolt as i was given 1.8 bottomend for nowt and had all the bits to hand seemed daft not to, zvh become more popular due to being a cheap replacment for a broken rst bottomend and gave a bit of extra power during the process but i will get a thread up and running soon for the other car once the weather turns.