Megajolted Vauhall 1400xe on R1 bike carbs

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

tom reid

Megajolted Vauhall 1400xe on R1 bike carbs

Post by tom reid »

[/img]Image

Installed and working, time for a tidy up.[/img]

gat.tuning

Post by gat.tuning »

Have you got any pictures of the trigger wheel or out like that??? also what leads are you running?

tom reid

Post by tom reid »

I thought I'd posted this pic already.
The leads in the pic above are not the ones I'm using now,they were just to get the engine running.I bought two sets of leads, the ones with clips either side of the coil pack end, reason for two sets?, the smallest lead is too short to get to the nearest plug, No 4, it gives me two spare leads though. I'll update the pics if that helps you?[/img]

gat.tuning

Post by gat.tuning »

Thanks for getting back so quick if you dont mind up dating with newer photos that would be a good help only a friend has a 1.6 8v engine fitted into a nova soon to be fitted with a pair of 40's and i have been convincing him to go megajolt but he has his doubts......

tom reid

Post by tom reid »

1600/8v, as it happens Iv'e just done one of these, it's currently running a dizzy and MJ for comparison purposes, Iv'e had it on a three gas analyser and a wideband at the same time, for a static test, immediate result is that the MJ runs the engine a lot leaner than the best settings from the dizzy, it would pass a cat test for mot purposes, and there's no cat fitted.
I have some screen shots of the test, will getthem up on the WIP.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128506