how to stabilize map sensor vacuum

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

rkassed

how to stabilize map sensor vacuum

Post by rkassed »

hi all, i am trying to tune my ignition on the road and the timing jumps around because the load keeps moving. is there any way to stabilize this? i dont think its an electrical thing, but has anyone else experienced this?
Randy

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

I think you just need a really steady foot on the accelerator and find some really straight roads with consistent gradients. It is much easier o a rolling road as you can keep the consistency to tune the map. Otherwise its just persiverence.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

Broke4speed

Post by Broke4speed »

I use a .030"-.025" MIG tip in the main vacuum line, works wonders :D.

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

How did you attach that?? Did you Tee it off just before the MAP sensor
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Be sure to review these resources for stabilizing your MAP readings:

http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=1171
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_ve ... _operation
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

cng1

Post by cng1 »

You don't tee the MIG tip into the vacuum line, you just shove it a few inches into the hose from the engine end and clamp it down with a jubilee clip.

We have also found that mini-moto fuel filters (cost about a dollar/pound/euro) are ideal as a damper.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

Gassed'58

Post by Gassed'58 »

When I was trying to get the best sized vacuum reservoir for my set up I used a large plastic syringe .

I plumbed it into the vac line with a " T " piece and by pushing or pulling the plunger in or out I was able to adjust the volume of the reservoir in a matter of seconds. This means that the testing of differing sized reservoirs is speeded up no end as you don't have to keep making test pieces or scrabbling around trying to find suitable sized containers and plumbing them in.

If you use a new syringe then the friction of the plunger in the syringe will keep it in place during testing.

When you find the volume of reservoir you are happy with then all you do is read off the size on the side of the syringe. You can then make one that size.

I got my large syringe from the local farm stores - injecting cattle - but if you struggle to get one large enough then just T in several small ones.

Simple but effective.