about maps

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

SEB79

about maps

Post by SEB79 »

hi

few days i work on maps for my mini. this engine was built with a cross flow head cylinder. What's more, there is rallye kentcam and the volumétric ratio is around 11 to 1.
Right!

I tried several maps. ok
I used the TPS with twin weber dcoe (40 mm).

I add calibration of the tps
and last map i built

I can't have the opportunity to go to a garage or to use a dyno in order to find the adequate map

I ask to you your point of view about this map.

I decided in this map to reduce advance at low rpm.
i rerad different mpas building and published in the library. I m still surprise by the maps when the throttle is just open at low rpm to note hight adance around 6000 rpm.

the only line of my map who is in opinion correct is the last line when throttle are fully open....

thanks to give your complete arguments and ideas on map with tps system. A lot of people use other way with kpa.
That's why i think it could be interesting to expose how users worked on their maps.

Cause better an exemple of map, a method could help newbies.

On mine i use a knock sensor phormula and innovate afr. But that's not enough when you want to buoild your own map.

thanks for replies and expected answers and tipes.

seb
Attachments
calib.txt
calibration
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 463 times

SEB79

map

Post by SEB79 »

and the file of my last map
Attachments
carto avec calib.mjlj
my last map
(802 Bytes) Downloaded 461 times

SEB79

Post by SEB79 »

SEB79

Post by SEB79 »

hi

i'm still asking myself questions about mpas and set up....

I'm asking how to adjust map and load when you use a tps sensor ?
I published last week data file of my calibration of my tps sensor.
Are you agree with the scale i choose on the map ?
If you have other sugestions, please send a new map.

About map and ignition advance.

I'm still asking why there is too much advance at low rpm.

I know we need a lot of adavance if you want to start en engine. Ok but on the first lines of the mpa. I found on the library a lot of maps whom the set up had been building like them.

thanks for reply and advices and help................................

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Hey Seb

Looking at your megajolt page i have just a couple of questions?? Is you engine force induction, either turbo or supercharged. I ask because you have values of KPA to 255KPA and a normal aspirated engine will only need upto 102KPA. Just making sure.

Values of advance generally decrease with an increase in load and advance will also increase with rpm.

Also rpm bin 5000, 6000 and 7000 are virtually the same so you may aswell drop the last 2 rpm bins and use them in the lower rpm range to get a smoother mid range.

Hope this helps

Ryan
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

SEB79

hey nitro

Post by SEB79 »

i use tps sensor not kpa sensor !

That's the reason why i suppose we need to adjust calibration of the tps and to find right values for load. check the file claibration and download this file with my file. You can give me your point of view about what i did.

My engine had been buit with two weber dcoe. none turbo.

I read several map and thread about maps and i take note it is more difficult to find experience of setting ignition with tps sensor.

I understand what you expose about ignition advance at hight rpm but i try to find something...

I used few maps of the forum, and if the map of the dizzy 123 can work a little bit
at iddle, it's ok
but due to kpa, i notice it was difficult to increase speed
I think there is not enough ignition advance before to be at full throttle due to a wrong interpolation before ....

that's the reason why i tried to ask to all and brent more informations about the set up and calibration in order to build a right map, especially the scale rpm and load.

i still work with kpa before to fit a megajolt system.

it's an adventure.

during last months, i can't work on my mini due to a job.
now i try to finish my car before winter...

hope people can help me to find a good scale for load and rpm.

I use a 286 kent camshaft with a volumetric ration around 11 : 1

yellow aldon map can be a solution, but this one was built for kpa sensor like 123 dizzy.

as far as I'm concerned, i need 10 in order to start engine
8 at iddle and around 30 at full theottle, perhaps more or less but not more 34.

many thanks for your advices and replies

cya

SEB79

ring ring ring

Post by SEB79 »

allo... ?

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Sorry i've not replied sooner it takes a few reads to fully understand what your saying as your english is quite broken.

In Tools, configurator options have you selected the tps from the drop down menu??? I think this would be beneficial for you. Then adjust the calibration for throttle shut and wide open throttle. Once you have the max and min values for your throttle position, then i would just evenly space them out for the time being. Now personally i would start with the base map given with megajolt and then slowly advance each value until you get the best/preferred advance for that cell. This may take a bit of driving with a friend. Just don't go giving it too much advance and listen for pinking, sounds like a diesel. If you hear this then retard the timing a bit.

With concerns about the correct map for your engine you really need to make sure you have the carbs setup correctly with the correct jets for your tune of engine. How have you setup the carbs so far??
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

SEB79

Post by SEB79 »

i used to speak english more flently in the past sur...

about configurator options. that's not a problem lol. about carbies too.
the real question is how to configure correctly a calibration (about the map editor) and to write right load at each rpm.
I think it will be better to talk to this kind of things with guys with the car with a rolling road .
Nevermind.

cya