Just a couple of 205 GTI's Having a new lease of life!

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

adsport69

Just a couple of 205 GTI's Having a new lease of life!

Post by adsport69 »

205 Fitted with 306 S16 2 litre 16 Valve engine, running Honda Blackbird Carbs, not my car, bit a story. Friend was asked to 16 valve the car, incorrect engine supplied, best of a bad job, the owner was advised to fit it with carbs, and Megajolt was the only ignition option.

So i did a full plug and play install for the car and sent it to him, but he lacked the finese to finish the job, so ended up dumping the car at my mums house, and I managed to squeeze a bit of time in and get it finished - sadly the car is not roadworthy and had very little brakes so I couldn't open it up properly, but it felt very strong.
Attachments
205_gti_16v_blackbird.jpg
205_gti_16v_blackbird.jpg (92.69 KiB) Viewed 13396 times
Too many 205 GTI's
Turbo Techics, MI16
205 S16 Turbo Brewing

adsport69

My 205 GTI 16 valve - nearly there!!!

Post by adsport69 »

I've been working on this one for too long 2 years and 3 houses later, but nearly there now - had it warming up after a catalogue of issues today, it's sounding great can't wait to drive it - maybe next weekend!!!?
Attachments
205_gti_16v_r1.jpg
205_gti_16v_r1.jpg (206.56 KiB) Viewed 13394 times
Too many 205 GTI's
Turbo Techics, MI16
205 S16 Turbo Brewing

dr.occa

Post by dr.occa »

addsport, looking nice.

quick question: from looking at where the float bowls start, they resemble a set of CV BS34 mikuni bike carbs i have for an upcoming project. i have the runners angling up from the flange to level off the float bowls as close to parallel with a 0 plain. it aims the stacks at somewhat of a 45° angle but i believe that's how they were setup on the bikes as well for proper float levels. is this something that one shouldn't be overly concerned with?
AUTOSPORTLABS
NonStop Tuning
www.86garage.com

"Poverty is not a virtue."

adsport69

Sorry for the late Reply.

Post by adsport69 »

They are Yamaha R1 Mikunis - cleaned and rejetted to suit the engine.

Yes I guess they should have the float bowls level with the ground, like yours will be, however I had my manifold done by a company here in the UK - Bogg Bros - I lived locally. They have been my rolling road tuners for over 10 years, and have been developing Bike Carbs on cars for over 6 years, so I have to assume they know thier onions, they tune a lot of hill climb and grass track race cars. I've even followed an Ultima GTR supercharged onto the rollers with about 600 brake - humbling in my 205 GTi. I guess therefore that it is not as much of an issue on the angle as they developed them on a rolling road. My only thoughts are that the intake length looks to be the same as it would be on the original engine injection manifold, as with them mounted at 45degrees it would be quite a short manifold, and would move the powerband up the rev range.

They don't seem to have any running issues though.
Too many 205 GTI's
Turbo Techics, MI16
205 S16 Turbo Brewing

dr.occa

Re: Sorry for the late Reply.

Post by dr.occa »

adsport69 wrote:They are Yamaha R1 Mikunis - cleaned and rejetted to suit the engine.

Yes I guess they should have the float bowls level with the ground, like yours will be, however I had my manifold done by a company here in the UK - Bogg Bros - I lived locally. They have been my rolling road tuners for over 10 years, and have been developing Bike Carbs on cars for over 6 years, so I have to assume they know thier onions, they tune a lot of hill climb and grass track race cars. I've even followed an Ultima GTR supercharged onto the rollers with about 600 brake - humbling in my 205 GTi. I guess therefore that it is not as much of an issue on the angle as they developed them on a rolling road. My only thoughts are that the intake length looks to be the same as it would be on the original engine injection manifold, as with them mounted at 45degrees it would be quite a short manifold, and would move the powerband up the rev range.

They don't seem to have any running issues though.
i appreciate the feedback. thanks.
AUTOSPORTLABS
NonStop Tuning
www.86garage.com

"Poverty is not a virtue."